Court of Protection

If you do not have a Lasting Power of Attorney and then lose the mental capacity to deal with your own affairs, either by way of accident or other illness, it may be necessary for your family to involve the Court of Protection.

A family member will need to apply to the Court to be appointed as your ‘Deputy', which gives them the power to manage your affairs in the same manner as an Attorney, had you created a Power of Attorney whilst you were able.

Here at Cozens-Hardy LLP, we have broad experience of assisting with and making the initial application to the Court and then subsequently assisting families in the management of a person's affairs - and indeed completing the administrative burden which being a Deputy entails.

To find out more, call us on: 01603 625231