We advise both landlords and tenants of all types of commercial property in relation to renewals of business leases, including:
- Drafting applications to the court for the grant of a new tenancy (for landlords and tenants)
- Negotiating new terms to satisfy specific requirements
- Representation in court proceedings where necessary
- Drafting section 25 and section 26 notices (Landlord & Tenant Act 1954)
We also offer advice and representation to landlords and tenants on all types of disputes that may arise in relation to commercial property. These may include:
- Recovering rent arrears
- Enforcing covenants
- Bringing or defending dilapidations claims
We understand that for many residential landlords, your property is your business. We are able to offer a range of services to assist you in the management of your properties, to ensure that your investment is protected.
Services we offer include:
- Preparation of Assured Shorthold Tenancies
- Preparation and service of statutory notices
- Assistance with possession proceedings (drafting the papers through to instruction of bailiffs if necessary)
- Assistance with rent deposits
- Recovery of rent arrears
- Resolution of repair issues/disputes
Our team has great experience of dealing with all of the above issues; we always strive to ensure that matters are dealt with efficiently and commercially.
We also act for landlords of residential premises who wish to recover possession of their property from the tenants. We can advise on the quickest and most effective method of regaining possession of the property and recovering any rent arrears. We offer an affordable fixed fee service for different types of possession proceedings.
Additionally, we have experience in dealing with disputes in relation to property let on long residential leases. We act for residents associations, freehold owners and managers of these premises and can assist with:
- Recovery of ground rent
- Recovery of service charges and dealing with service charge disputes
- Forfeiture of property
- Applications to and representation in the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber), formerly known as the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal